Thursday, March 1, 2018

Jenn's Most Anticipated TV and Movies 2018

Now that the Olympics are over, it's time to discuss upcoming TV shows and movies, esp. those related to books. So, here are my top choices, Books to Movies are marked with asterix:

TV Shows


*Jessica Jones Season 2 (March 8)
I love this show and the other Marvel TV shows just don't live up to this one. Jessica Jones speaks to my inner sarcastic pessimist.


Jesus Christ Superstar Live! (April 1) 
I'm a bit worried about this one but it could be kind of fun with the cast they have put together. Either way, I'll at least give it a try.


Westworld Season 2 (April 22) 
Have to wait awhile longer since I don't have HBO but I'm very excited about seeing season 2 of this one. Time for the hosts to kick ass!


*Castle Rock 
Not sure when it premieres or when I'll get to see it, but this one definitely looks like fun.


*American Gods Season 2 
Again not sure when it will be here but looking forward to it!


Sense8 Finale Movie 
Yep, I'm here for this one, too. And very glad we are getting it.


Doctor Who Season 11 (October?) 
Of course I'm ready for this one. The wait is killing me!

Movies


*Black Panther (February 16) 
So excited about this one. And I know, it's already out, but I haven't gotten to see it yet. I just know it is awesome!


*Avengers: Infinity War (May 4) 
More Super heroes--really, though, the best part is putting them all together and seeing what happens.


*Deadpool 2 (May 18)
Can't forget the Merc with a Mouth. And this is my favorite of the teaser trailers.


Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25)
Again, this one makes me nervous but I am trying to be optimistic.


Incredibles 2 (June 15)
All I can say is FINALLY!!!!!


*The House with a Clock in its Walls (September 21)
Based on a creepy children's book. I likes creepy...


*X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2)
My favorite storyline from the comics, possibly done right this time.


Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 16)
Because the first one was so awesome, surely the second will be too. And who doesn't love Jude Law as young Dumbledore.


*Mortal Engines (December 14)
Based on a series of Young Adult Dystopia novels. In the future, cities move from place to place and take each other down!


Bohemian Rhapsody (December 25)
I'm not usually excited about biopics but Freddy Mercury was awesome and Rami Malek looks just like him!

So, what movies are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's book award season!!!

The winners of the ALA Youth Media Awards will be announced on Monday morning at 8 am PT (11 am here in NC). Here's the link if you woul...