Saturday, September 23, 2017

So I've decided to blog...

Okay, so I'm starting a blog to talk about books, movies, comics, etc. Pretty much all the stories. I've never publicly blogged on my own, so I'm a bit terrified but I'll try my best to make this work.

Who am I? And why do want to blog? 
Well, I'm a kind of strange, somewhat extroverted introvert who works in a public library with those often misunderstood creatures, teens. A voracious bibliovore, I also spend far too much time watching TV shows (esp. mysteries, drama and sci-fi), reading comics, writing fanfiction, contemplating odd story pairings, and actually listening to music lyrics. I love horror in my books and my movies/shows, keep a long (I mean really long) list of imaginary people that I am in love with, and spend hours cuddling my dog and doing little else. I've been called "that strange librarian in glasses who does programs with the teens" as well as "the girl with the odd socks" and "the one who sometimes wears cat ears." I've spent whole weekends watching anime and delving into the related fan worlds of my current obsession. Oh, and I've worked with teens and children in public libraries for over 10 years, so I guess I know a thing or two about books.

What do I plan to write about?
Well, since I read several hundred books a year, mostly those. But I may also gush over a show, movie or song I just happen to be in love with or tangentially associate with something I am reading, 'cause my brain works that way.

So, be prepared for anything. It is all fair game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's book award season!!!

The winners of the ALA Youth Media Awards will be announced on Monday morning at 8 am PT (11 am here in NC). Here's the link if you woul...